The CareerSeekers Mid-career Program supports asylum seekers and refugees with tertiary qualifications and some level of professional experience. These individuals are keen to reconnect with their careers and a twelve-week internship is the perfect way for them to become acquainted with their profession in Australia.
Key aspects of the CareerSeekers Mid-career Program:
- All participants have work rights
- Participants can commence their internships at any time during the year
- Employers interview each participant to ensure they have the skills and attributes to be successful in their internships
- Managers of interns receive Working with Refugees training prior to the intern’s commencement. Our team also provides support and guidance to managers for the duration of the internship
- Interns arrive for their first day of work after completing our extensive pre-employment training program
- At the conclusion of the internship, participants can either convert into ongoing full-time employment or enter the CareerSeekers post internship transition program where they are supported into finding ongoing professional employment.